Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Hitting the Reset Button

This is a place I haven't been for nearly a decade. Does anyone write blogs anymore?

Other than narcissistic sociopaths who need to rant their manipulative fantasies into the void... of course.

After a LONG absence and a lot of time focused on much more important things than tiny metal, plastic or resin dudes? I've met a wonderful woman, gotten married, had one last baby, bought a house, and have jumped back into my beloved miniatures hobbies as much as a Corporate Middle Manager Father of Five can!

While there is a part of me writing this for 100% arrogant, ego driven reasons, I also would really like to keep a step-by-step log of some of these projects, which after years of schizophrenic scattershot focus on random projects for short bursts? I have narrowed down to a small handful of games I really enjoy with models that I can fawn over like a bunny in a carrot factory.

I have always been primarily a modeller when it comes to this hobby, the games are secondary. I've gotten better at kit bashing, conversions and have started some minor sculpting projects. This seems like as good a place as any to keep track of it all. And there's probably at least one person reading it... right?

So, I've deleted all but one of my posts from the past. Everything that I'd written about had been abandoned long ago, and I've shifted my hobby focus in a MUCH different direction. I'll start with a post shortly summarizing each of the games I'm working on, and where each project for each of those games is at currently, then start the hopefully regular updates on those projects! If nothing else, this might help keep me accountable (to no one, for ridiculously not-important things) and working on actually finishing some stuff!

I guess... urm... enjoy my blog?

-Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment