Monday, March 12, 2018

Bloodbowl: The House of N'ohrd, Part 1 - Introduction/Summary

A jewel in my crown, a fine fluffy feather to place in my jaunty cap! Modiphius released a Star Trek RPG last year, and with it, several sets of mini's... MUCH to my joyous exclamations. I don't have the time and/or energy to play pen and paper RPG's the way I want, so they've kind of fallen by the wayside in favour of mini games that satiate several of my hobby needs at once. But I bought the book. I'd like to play someday, who knows if I will?

But the minis?

Holy crap I couldn't wait to get my hands on them. Not really sure what my plans were, maybe they'd be my first ever, non-gaming diorama? I got a box of Klingons and the TNG crew box for Christmas, and after staring at them for weeks, finally hit upon an absolutely GENIUS idea. I've been converting the Klingon box (plus a second) into a "Norse" team for Bloodbowl!



This is the Head Coach. Basically untouched. He's the Captain of the squad box, looked Head Coach'y enough for me? The models are really nice, Modiphius did a great job. A couple of them have dodgy phaser handles at holster on their belts, but that's pretty minor.



Throwers, which will eventually get balls/fingers sculpted into their hands. Originally I'd intended on doing much more "conversion", playing around with helmets, and heavier padding at first. But the more of the Klingon-ness they lost, the less happy I was with them. They're cool exactly because they're Klingons!



 These are the pair of Ulfwerenar, big strong dudes. For the most part, all I ended up doing was weapon trimming and some pose conversion. I really didn't want to lose ALL the Bat'leths though, they are pretty iconic Klingon weapons, again... I didn't want to lose too much of the Klingon-ness.


And finally, the first pair of straight up Linemen. Simple weapon trimming, and a little repositioning. Straightforward, keeps them relatively Klingon, but I think looks decently like a Blood Bowl team!

I'm really enjoying these, and I'm going to take some time with them. I've got plans for a custom dugout done up like a Klingon bridge, and some markers and tokens. I got my hands on a Yhetee model and have got the conversion all figured out (I think... maybe...) and want to do a really good paint job on them. I've never had Star Trek minis and want to do them justice.

-Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment